WEBGIS, CONTROL AND MONITORING OF THE TERRITORY,VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS,INTEGRATED INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR MOBILITY
– Geographic information systems (GIS) published on the web are called WebGIS. A WebGIS is thus the extension to the web application created and developed to manage numeric cartography. A WebGIS project is distinguished from a GIS project for the specific purposes of communication and information sharing with other users.
– The information, which are territorial, geographic or socio-economic, have had paper as the main support in the past: the amount of data and the impossibility of their overlap at the end of analysis, has made this support obsolete for a series of operations such as monitoring or the territorial administration.
– Information systems arise from the need to collect, process, manage, provide all the responsible decision-makers with a large amount of data and information relating to the territory. The practical impossibility of representing the world over, the superfluity and the pointlessness of certain data, lead to the formation of a conceptual model of reality that simulates, in a synthetic way, the real world: precisely on this model, based only on information accessible and relevant to the goal, will the analysis and decisions be made.
There are sophisticated functions:
– system administration for management and access control (partial or total consultation of some or all of their archives, insertion of new data or new data files, editing, customising customers attention and representations of the various data);
– display, comparison and integration of data banks, cartographic and alphanumeric, of each type (mapping technique, thematic, cadastral, orthophoto, etc.) with the possibility of enabling and disabling various themes (layers);
– zoom, pan, search and selection of territorial elements based on specific criteria (address, cadastral references, etc.) or requirements, measuring distances and areas, locating coordinates at a point, spatial analysis, etc.
– prints and map plots or excerpts from maps, in the format and the desired scale, complete with headers, written, legends;
– export and download maps, or excerpts from maps in different formats, including kml (to view data in GOOGLE EARTH), dxf and shapefile;
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
– Consulting and Management of territorial and environmental, graphic and alphanumeric integrated Databases, to support planning activities, urban planning and infrastructure design;
– Management of the Building and Territorial Registry for an onboard fruition and the sharing of all data and geographical valence, or related with them, relating to the public administration;
– Support the conduct of procedures (Urban Planning, Land Registry management, local taxation, etc.);
– Support for the delivery, free or for a fee, for services to citizens (Information for users on procedures currently undertaken, interchange of documents and information, etc.) and caseworkers (companies, professionals and professional associations, and various groups of interest.
The system provides interoperability services such as WMS (Web Map Service) and WFS (Web Feature Service) that allow the sharing of spatial data between Territorial Information Systems as well as being distributed geographically.
A careful strategic planning of the territory and a careful management of its resources cannot be separated from the implementation of information systems for monitoring and control that can integrate data from instruments with forecasting models of the phenomena and events of risk in order to fulfil the objectives of prediction, prevention and government of emergencies.
PREDICTION, MONITORING AND ACTIVE FIGHTS AGAINST FOREST FIRES
The system acquires data from monitoring networks present in the territory, integrating them into an environment of WebGIS support (DSS) capable of managing the entire process of the fight activity, ensuring the timely intervention and coordination of forces in the field and provide forecasting information on the evolution of the fire front, on the basis of conveniently integrated mathematical models. Based on thematic maps made with suitable terrestrial and/or airborne instrumentation, the DSS offers a concrete operational and strategic support to bodies, organisations and institutions involved: it allows you to manage operating streams of fighting forest fires, enable teams and means depending on the availability and proximity to the event, process and analyse data coming from field devices (IR sensors , cameras, hydro-meteorological sensors, mounted on drones, etc.) and the reports of citizens and/or operators, sent also by means of a handheld or smartphone, providing a synopsis so as to allow the assessment of the evolution of the phenomena and to suggest the consequent actions.
FORECASTING AND MONITORING OF THE HYDROGEOLOGICAL PHENOMENA
The proposed solution is an effective system of alerting and monitoring hydrogeological phenomena (landslides, flooding, etc.) and verification of the effects of interventions or anthropic actions, allowing the “tuning up” of a contingency planning time to coordinate the response of the subjects involved in disasters. It is based on a WebGIS information platform of support to the decisions in the prediction, prevention and management of phenomena activities such as disasters, which allows the constant monitoring of places (basins, landslide sites, etc.) through the acquisition and the integrated management of the data obtained by digital sensors (LiDAR, photogrammetric cameras, serious hyperspectral and thermal, etc.) and by field instrumentation (hydro-meteorological network geodetic sensors and geotechnical sensors), the analysis of evolutionary dynamics of phenomena through the integration of models and forecasting algorithms, the management of warning and alarm thresholds.
PREDICTION, MONITORING AND CONTROL OF ENVIRONMENTAL CRIMES
The solution offered is posed as an effective tool to support the supervisory functions of the territory and to assist in the defence of the quality of the environment, seen as a whole (urban areas, rural and agricultural, coastal waters, reservoirs, etc.), with a consequent improvement in the ability to prevent and to contrast with the offenses that damage our environmental heritage and may represent a risk to the health of our citizens. The system is scalable, and able to integrate data and images acquired through aerial surveys, also by drones, photographic and hyperspectral, which characterise the initial state of the places and the subsequent one to verify special events, by integrating all of the information in a WebGIS application support platform to the decisions in a position to represent the situation of the territory through the aid of cartographic features, managing the workflow process operating and support the activities and decisions of the bodies presented in the fight against environmental crimes.
The realisation of video surveillance systems is of vital importance for the protection of the territory and the environment in order to prevent episodes of vandalism and damage. The video surveillance systems proposed use resistant technologies and is at the forefront, remotely controlled, modular, and scalable.
INTEGRATED INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR MOBILITY, LOGISTICS AND INTERMODAL TRANSPORT
Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS – Intelligent Transport Systems) are a key tool for the implementation of new policies of intelligent transport of people and goods. The integration of information services and systems allows you to optimise the use of the infrastructure by distributing the traffic flows between the various modes, for greater efficiency, productivity, and, above all, safe transport.
PORT INFORMATION SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS
Integrated systems for the computerisation of processes (port customs, administrative and commercial procedures) that allow for the automated accomplishment of all the practices linked with the arrival/departure of ships, as well as managing the permissions for the embarking/disembarking and transit of dangerous goods in transit in port areas.
Integrated systems for access control, video surveillance of the interior areas, entrances and installations, perimeter controls, tracking & tracing of equipment and goods, even dangerous, issue of boarding cards.
The solution, aims to manage urban mobility, allows the real-time monitoring of the fleet of equipment intended for the carriage of passengers; provides for technologies in the field (cameras, sensors telemetering etc.) and a control panel, which is used for the collection and representation of the localisation of equipment for the web gis urban mapping system.